- Principal Report
- Specialty Teachers (i.e. CAP days) will start end of August/early September. Still interviewing PE teachers.
- After School Program: Some contractors will commence in September such as Kumon and Hula. Tutoring will be offered to students with a focus on higher grade levels due to larger class sizes. Looking into logistics to offer popular after school coding class.
- This school has the biggest enrollment 330 students. We have 3 new teachers in the lower grade levels to replace Mrs. Jaeger, Mrs. Denny, and Mrs. Tamaye. 4th grade has 29/30 students per class. Principal has confidence in teachers. Currently, not looking at hiring another teacher.
- Reiterated COVID mitigation standards to keep students and faculty safe. Teachers will need to submit their vaccination or weekly negative test.
- Will speak to teachers regarding handing out food items to students in the classrooms.
- Sign-up to get a free flu-shot at the school offered on Saturday, September 11 from 9am -11am . Parents and guardians may obtain the shot, too.
- School is having an art contest for Cobra Cash, the positive reinforcement of IB attributes. Designs due to Ms. Ko., student counselor. by September 30.
- Donations of children’s toys and other kids’ items are being requested for the Cobra Store. Students are able to redeem these “prizes” with their earned cobra cash.
- Income: Reynold’s recycling (May) = $992.21
- Expense: Chill Water maintenance = $415.85
- Cash balance = $35,155.37
- Budget for 2021-2022 approved = $43,800
- In 2019 raised $19,800 in Cobra Contributions.
- FKH will ask parents/guardians for monetary donations (cash is not accepted) to raise money for specialty teachers. Flyers will be distributed through students’ folders. FKH is a 501 (C)(3) non-profit organization.
- Will resume in-person monthly. Outdoors for now to due COVID-19.
- Open to ideas/suggestions for fundraising, events, etc…